by SBI | May 12, 2020
Coming soon! New research tools for studying SARS-CoV-2
Leveraging our deep expertise in lentiviral vectors, virus packaging, gene expression, and more, the scientists at SBI are hard at work building a suite of COVID-19 Research Products to support the worldwide effort to understand and combat the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
Below is a sneak preview of the products we’re working on—keep an eye on your inbox for announcements about each product’s launch, which will occur in the weeks ahead. You can contact us for more information or to find out about early access opportunities.
- Pseudotyped Lentivirus Packaging Mix: a modified version of our pPACKH1 lentiviral packaging system with the envelope protein replaced with SARS-CoV-2 “S1” Spike protein. Can be used to produce S-pseudotyped lentiviral particles for neutralization assays and other studies. Must be conducted under BSL2 safety procedures.
- “S”-Pseudotyped, Pre-Packaged Lentiviral Particles: pre-packaged lentiviral particles with GFP or Luciferase reporters and pseudotyped with SARS-CoV-2 “S1” Spike protein. Can be used for neutralization assays performed under BSL2 safety procedures.
- Lentivector Expression Constructs, available as both lentivector expression plasmids & pre-packaged lentiviral particles, for:
- SARS-CoV-2 “S1” Spike protein
- SARS-CoV-2 “N” nucleocapsid
- Transfection-ready mRNA for SARS-CoV-2 “S” and “N” genes
- qPCR and NGS Expression Profiling Kits for SARS-CoV-2
- Validated one-step RT-qPCR assay that delivers results in 90-minutes
- Targeted SARS-CoV-2 Sequencing Panel: covers 55 regions of SARS-CoV-2 as well as 45 other viruses
- ACE2, TMPRSS2 and other overexpressing stable cell lines
- Cytokine arrays to study COVID-19-related cytokine storms