Exosome Binding Buffer for ExoELISAs
Additional Exosome Binding Buffer optimized for use with any of our ExoELISA Kits.
Additional Exosome Binding Buffer optimized for our ExoELISA Kits
While each ExoELISA Kit comes with Exosome Binding Buffer, we offer this reagent for researchers who need additional Exosome Binding Buffer.
Choose the exosome quantitation method that’s best for your studies
|Use||For fast and sensitive antibody-based quantitation of exosomes||For sensitive quantitation of exosomes when time and input sample are not limiting||For fast quantitation of extracellular vesicles with moderate sample input requirements||For the most sensitive quantitation of extracellular vesicles with very low sample input requirements|
|Quantitation chemistry||Enzymatic (HRP)||Enzymatic (HRP)||Colorimetric||Fluorescent|
|Total protocol time||4 hours (no overnight incubation)||24 hours||20 min||60 min|
|Input sample amount (protein equivalent)||1 – 200 µg||>500 µg||50 µg||<1 µg|
|Learn More||ExoELISA-ULTRA CD63||ExoELISA CD9
How It Works
Our ExoELISA Kits have all the reagents you need to run the ELISA—just add lysed exosome particles. The kits are compatible with exosomes isolated using most methods, including ExoQuick®, ExoQuick-TC®, or ultracentrifugation.
The lysed exosome particles (and, thus, exosomal proteins) are directly immobilized onto the wells of the microtiter plate, and after binding, a blocking agent is added to prevent non-specific binding of the primary detection antibody (anti-CD9, -CD63, or -CD81). Following addition of the primary antibody, a secondary antibody (goat anti-rabbit) linked to horseradish peroxidase (HRP) is also added to amplify the signal and increase assay sensitivity.
The amount of the exosome marker (CD9, CD63, or CD81) is measured via activity of the bound HRP-secondary antibody using a colorimetric assay with extra-sensitive TMB as the substrate. The accumulation of colored product is proportional to the amount of marker present in each well, and is measured using a microtiter plate reader at 450 nm absorbance.
Each ExoELISA Kit includes a set of standards calibrated to a known amount of exosome particles as determined by NanoSight analysis. These standards can be used to generate a calibration curve enabling quantitation of exosomes carrying the marker of interest from the ExoELISA data.
- Kim, KS, et al. (2019) ELK3 expressed in lymphatic endothelial cells promotes breast cancer progression and metastasis through exosomal miRNAs. Sci Rep. 2019 Jun 10; 9(1):8418. PM ID: 31182803
- Cui, Y, et al. (2019) EPC-derived exosomes promote osteoclastogenesis through LncRNA-MALAT1. J. Cell. Mol. Med.. 2019 Jun 1; 23(6):3843-3854. PM ID: 31025509
- Chen, P, et al. (2019) Desktop-stereolithography 3D printing of a radially oriented extracellular matrix/mesenchymal stem cell exosome bioink for osteochondral defect regeneration. Theranostics. 2019 Apr 13; 9(9):2439-2459. PM ID: 31131046
- Tobón-Arroyave, SI, et al. (2019) Decreased salivary concentration of CD9 and CD81 exosome-related tetraspanins may be associated with the periodontal clinical status. J. Clin. Periodontol.. 2019 Mar 2;. PM ID: 30825338
- Baryeh, K. (2019) Development of Quantitative Lateral Flow Strip Biosensors for the Detection of Cancer Biomarkers. Thesis. ;. Link: Thesis
- Elshelmani, H & Rani, S. (2017) Exosomal MicroRNA Discovery in Age-Related Macular Degeneration. Methods Mol. Biol.. 2017 Nov 9; 1509:93-113. PM ID: 27826921
- Patel, DB, Gray, KM & Santharam, Y. (2017) Impact of Cell Culture Parameters on Production and Vascularization Bioactivity of Mesenchymal Stem Cell‐Derived Extracellular Vesicles. Bioengineering & Translational Medicine. 2017 Jun 26;. Link: Bioengineering & Translational Medicine
- Li, Y, et al. (2017) Comparative Gene Expression Analysis of Lymphocytes Treated with Exosomes Derived from Ovarian Cancer and Ovarian Cysts. Front Immunol. 2017 Jun 16; 8:607. PM ID: 28620375
- Xia, Y, et al. (2017) A visible and colorimetric aptasensor based on DNA-capped single-walled carbon nanotubes for detection of exosomes. Biosens Bioelectron. 2017 Jun 15; 92:8-15. PM ID: 28167415
- Nocera, AL, et al. (2017) Exosomes mediate interepithelial transfer of functional P-glycoprotein in chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyps. Laryngoscope. 2017 May 9;. PM ID: 28485529
- Desgagné, V, et al. (2017) Changes in high-density lipoprotein-carried miRNA contribution to the plasmatic pool after consumption of dietary trans fat in healthy men. Epigenomics. 2017 May 1; 9(5):669-688. PM ID: 28470118
- Tan, DB, et al. (2017) Elevated levels of circulating exosome in COPD patients are associated with systemic inflammation. Respiratory Medicine. 2017 Apr 26;. Link: Respiratory Medicine
- Mead, B & Tomarev, S. (2017) Bone Marrow-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells-Derived Exosomes Promote Survival of Retinal Ganglion Cells Through miRNA-Dependent Mechanisms. Stem Cells Transl Med. 2017 Apr 1; 6(4):1273-1285. PM ID: 28198592
- Barclay, RA, et al. (2017) Isolation of Exosomes from HTLV-Infected Cells. Methods Mol. Biol.. 2017 Mar 30; 1582:57-75. PM ID: 28357662
- Hurwitz, SN, et al. (2017) CD63 Regulates Epstein-Barr Virus LMP1 Exosomal Packaging, Enhancement of Vesicle Production, and Noncanonical NF-κB Signaling. J. Virol.. 2017 Mar 1; 91(5). PM ID: 27974566
- Tao, SC, et al. (2017) Chitosan Wound Dressings Incorporating Exosomes Derived from MicroRNA-126-Overexpressing Synovium Mesenchymal Stem Cells Provide Sustained Release of Exosomes and Heal Full-Thickness Skin Defects in a Diabetic Rat Model. Stem Cells Transl Med. 2017 Mar 1; 6(3):736-747. PM ID: 28297576
- Woo, HK, et al. (2017) Exodisc for Rapid, Size-Selective, and Efficient Isolation and Analysis of Nanoscale Extracellular Vesicles from Biological Samples. ACS Nano. 2017 Feb 28; 11(2):1360-1370. PM ID: 28068467
- Galazka, G, et al. (2017) Multiple sclerosis: Serum-derived exosomes express myelin proteins. Mult. Scler.. 2017 Feb 1;:1352458517696597. PM ID: 28273783
- Bidarimath, M, et al. (2017) Extracellular vesicle mediated intercellular communication at the porcine maternal-fetal interface: A new paradigm for conceptus-endometrial cross-talk. Sci Rep. 2017 Jan 12; 7:40476. PM ID: 28079186
- Guo, SC, et al. (2017) Exosomes derived from platelet-rich plasma promote the re-epithelization of chronic cutaneous wounds via activation of YAP in a diabetic rat model. Theranostics. 2017 Jan 2; 7(1):81-96. PM ID: 28042318