Additional mRNAExpress reagents
Everyone’s experiments are different and sometimes you need more reagents than a kit supplies. Which is why SBI offers many of our different kit components, such as the mRNAExpress™ Tail PCR Mix, as individual products. While included as part of our mRNAExpress mRNA Synthesis Kit (Cat.# MR-KIT-1), the mRNAExpress Tail PCR Mix is also available separately for researchers who need more Mix than the Kit supplies.
The mRNAExpress mRNA Synthesis Kit includes the following reagents:
pMRNAXP mRNAExpress Vector so you can clone and then transcribe your cDNA-of-interest
- Sequencing primers to confirm the identity of the cDNA insert cloned into the pMRNAXP Vector
- Tail PCR primer mix to add a poly-A tail to the DNA template
In vitro transcription reagents—T7 RNA polymerase, in vitro transcription buffer, NTP/Cap mix, RNase-free DNase, phosphatase buffer and RNase-free phosphatase
- Clean-up spin column system, including binding, wash, and elution buffers, collection tubes, and collection tubes with filter cartridges
How It Works
The mRNAExpress mRNA Synthesis Kit workflow
The mRNAExpress mRNA Synthesis Kit has a straightforward workflow:
- Clone the cDNA of your gene-of-interest in the pMRNAXP mRNAExpress Vector (included in the Kit, but also available separately, # MR000PA-1)
- Tail-PCR amplify the in vitro transcription template from the pMRNAXP Vector with your insert cloned in. The tail PCR reaction adds a poly-A tail to the DNA template. Purify the template using a spin column.
- Perform the in vitro transcription reaction (uses the ARCA and modified nucleotides)
- Remove the template DNA and the terminal 5′ triphosphates with the included DNase and phosphatase.
- Prepare the mRNA transcripts for transfection with the included clean-up spin column system.
- Measure the mRNA concentration and you are ready for transfection.
Get instant expression when you deliver mRNAs made with the mRNAExpress Vector mRNA Synthesis Kit
Figure 1. Strong GFP and RFP expression after transfection with mRNAs made with the mRNAExpress Vector mRNA Synthesis Kit. GFP and RFP mRNAs generated using the mRNAExpress mRNA Synthesis Kit were transfected into human foreskin fibroblasts (HFFs) using 1 µg of each mRNA per 24-well plate of cells.