ExoBacteria™ OMV Isolation Kit
(for E.coli and other gram-negative bacteria)
Get clean, high-yield preps of bacterial outer membrane vesicles (OMVs) from an easy-to-use workflow
- Unique—the only dedicated isolation system for bacterial OMVs
- Fast—go from cultured bacterial media to purified OMV in less than 1 hour, twice as fast as ultracentrifugation
- Simple—easy-to-setup, precipitation-free gravity column system
- Better—get significantly higher yields and purity compared to ultracentrifugation-based approaches
The only kit for easy isolation of bacterial outer membrane vesicles (OMVs)
Expanding our exosome expertise to bacteria, SBI now offers the ExoBacteria™ OMV Isolation Kit. The first and only kit designed to streamline isolation of bacterial outer membrane vesicles (OMVs), the ExoBacteria OMV Isolation Kit uses an innovative, precipitation-free gravity column system to harvest OMVs from bacterial culture medium. With OMVs in less than 1-hour and delivering a purity and yield rivaling ultracentrifugation-based approaches, the ExoBacteria OMV Isolation Kit is a great way to accelerate your studies on bacterial communication and pathogenesis1, cancer therapy2, bacterial modulation of the host immune response3, and bacterial OMV engineering for use as vaccines4.
• Unique—the only dedicated isolation system for bacterial OMVs
• Fast—go from cultured bacterial media to purified OMV in less than 1 hour, twice as fast as ultracentrifugation
• Simple—easy-to-setup, precipitation-free gravity column system
• Better—get significantly higher yields and purity compared to ultracentrifugation-based approaches
Each kit comes with enough reagents and consumables to process up to 20 reactions*, enabling maximal flexibility with experimental conditions.
*1 reaction is defined as 30 ml of purified bacterial culture media loaded into a single gravity column.
- Vanaja SK, et al. Bacterial Outer Membrane Vesicles Mediate Cytosolic Localization of LPS and Caspase-11 Activation. Cell 2016 May 19; 165(5): 1106-1119.
- Kim OY, et al. Bacterial outer membrane vesicles suppress tumor by interferon-γ-mediated antitumor response. Nat Commun. 2017 Sep 20;8(1):626. doi: 10.1038/s41467-017-00729-8
- Vidakovics ML, et al. B cell activation by outer membrane vesicles–a novel virulence mechanism. PLoS Pathog. 2010 Jan 15;6(1):e1000724. doi: 10.1371/journal.ppat.1000724.
- Chen DJ, et al. Delivery of foreign antigens by engineered outer membrane vesicle vaccines. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010 Feb 16;107(7):3099-104. doi: 10.1073/pnas.0805532107. Epub 2010 Jan 27.
How It Works
Demystifying OMV Isolation: A newer, faster, simpler method with high yields and purity
- Clarify up to 30 ml of bacteria culture media
- Pour supernatant into ExoBacteria OMV isolation column
- Wash column with 15 ml of binding buffer
- Elute bacterial OMVs with 1.5 ml of elution buffer