ExoMS™ Total Protein Capture Kit
Explore a new frontier in biomarkers – use this kit to isolate total protein from extracellular vesicles for proteomics studies
Eavesdrop on the EV “surfeome”
Take advantage of powerful LC/MS proteomics approaches to study the biology of extracellular vesicle (EV) proteins and to identify EV biomarkers using SBI’s ExoMS™ Total Protein Capture Kit. The kit provides a fast, well-validated, and robust method for selectively capturing proteins from already-isolated EVs, enabling proteomics studies. Because of the low residual protein carryover delivered by this kit, you get increased detection of low-abundance biomarkers that are often missed using traditional approaches.
Ensure that your exosomes are telling you everything with SBI’s ExoMS™ Total Protein Capture Kit.
• Unique—the only commercially available kit that specifically captures exosome surface and membrane proteins
• Sensitive—removes many common contaminants from EV preps, such as albumin and IgG, for improved biomarker detection by LC/MS
• Compatible—works with EVs isolated using a variety of methods including ExoQuick®, ExoQuick® PLUS, ultracentrifugation, and most column-based kits sold by other vendors
• Fast—go from isolated sample to LC/MS in less than 5 hours
• Flexible—choose this kit to prepare total protein from already-isolated exosomes, the ExoMS Surface Protein Capture Kit (Serum/Plasma) to isolate surface proteins from EVs isolated from serum or plasma, or the ExoMS Surface Protein Capture Kit (Tissue Culture) for EVs isolated from tissue culture media or any biofluid other than serum or plasma
How It Works
Delivering sensitive protein detection through reduced protein carryover
Our robust protein capture technology is based on an affinity purification strategy (ExoMS Total Protein Capture Kit) or a two-step biotinylation and bead capture process (ExoMS Surface Protein Capture Kits) that efficiently sequesters surface and membrane proteins away from internal EV proteins.
In addition, the proprietary, affinity-based resin used in all of our ExoMS Protein Capture Kits is the key to the sensitive biomarker detection delivered by these kits. The ExoMS resin traps many of the carryover-proteins commonly co-isolated with EVs, but which are not actually carried in or on the surface of EVs (Figure 1). Reduction of these protein contaminants, such as albumin and IgG, reduces their strong signal during mass spec analysis, enabling improved detection of more relevant but lower-abundance proteins.