EV labeling optimized for in vivo imaging
Visualizing extracellular vesicles (EVs) in cells and organisms has been technically difficult due to the high background from auto-fluorescence in the UV and visible areas of the spectrum and a lack of specificity from the typically lipophilic dyes. SBI’s ExoGlow-Vivo EV Labeling Kit (Near IR) is the first reagent specifically designed to overcome these problems through the use of a proprietary, non-lipophilic dye that emits in the near infrared (NIR) range (excitation at 784 nm; emission at 806 nm). Delivering a level of specificity and sensitivity that takes the guesswork out of tracking EVs in vivo, ExoGlow-Vivo is ideal for EV biodistribution and kinetic studies needed to fully realize the value of EVs in basic research and translational applications.
- Optimized for imaging EVs in animal models
- High sensitivity—NIR spectrum enables deep tissue illumination and eliminates background from auto-fluorescence
- High specificity—non-lipophilic dye overcomes background from non-specific labeling
- Fast labeling protocol takes you from EV isolation to injection-ready labeled EVs in less than 1 hour
- Ideal for in vivo EV tracking, biodistribution, and kinetic studies
- Assess targeting specificity of engineered EVs
- Follow EVs in organ homing studies
- Compare how different EV isolation methods affect biodistribution and other in vivo parameters critical for evaluating EV performance
- Allows ADME studies of EVs as delivery vehicles
- Compatible—delivers robust performance on EVs isolated using all methods tested—including the ExoQuick family, ultracentrifugation, and column-based workflows
- Easy-to-use—labeling protocol is quick and straightforward
- Powerful—can be used with as little as 250 µg of EVs
Each kit includes lyophilized dye sufficient for labeling up to 12 samples*. We recommend solubilizing the lyophilized dye in 25μL of DMSO.
*One sample is defined as 2 μL of solubilized dye with 250 μg protein equivalents of EVs.